Mark Stas (award winner actor and choreographer – see IMDb) was discovered by a famous Dutch action actor, Ron Smoorenburg, who saw a huge potential in him. He invited him to meet him and discover his martial arts skills. Mark Stas spent three months in Thailand for personal training and met this great Dutch actor. Ron Smoorenburg holds the world record of the highest kick and became famous thanks to the jacket lifting fighter he played against Jackie Chan in “Who am I”.
Ron played in many action movies with the most famous martial arts actors like, Tony Jaa, Donnie Yen, Steven Seagal, Scott Adkins, Michael Jai White: see here his reel.
He introduced Mark to some stuntmen, great actors and producers (like Daniel Zirilli, Byron Gibson, Dean Alexandrou or Alan Delabie) who wanted immediately him in their action movies.
During his visit in Brazil in 2018, he was asked to make a fight scene together with the Brazilian action actor, Gutemberg Lins, produced and directed by the great director of Forasteiro Produções.
Visit Forasteiro Produções for more info: their first project, Dona Morte was selected at Cannes Festival in 2010!
A special message for the Brazilian director and amazing person, Hunfrey Borges: “We finalised details for a new movie project, where I would have played one of the leads. Unfortunately his project would never see the daylight, cause he passed away a few weeks after.
Your memory will stay a treasure and I know you are loved beyond words, missed beyond measure”
- “Last Fighter”: TBA
- “Kung Fu Bodyguard”: Agent A – Project
- “Emerging from the Shadows”: main actor, writer and producer – in Post-Production
- “Borrowed Time 3“: Inspector David Chan – award winner in several festivals. Soon to be released.
- “English Dogs in Bangkok”: Inspector Somchai – released on US cable TV’s (DirectTv, Spectrum USA, Verizon USA), Amazon UK and IMDb TV. You can find the first fight scene between Mark Stas and Ron Smoorenburg on Youtube.
- “Haphazard”: Killer, Sal-Inja – Amazon UK and Apple TV.
- “Anathème”: John Range – Nominated as the best feature at the 11th Official Selection of the Paris Play Film Festival.
- “At the Edge (Award winning motivational short movie)“, main actor and co-writer together with Lorenzo Vanin. Mark received the award for “the Best Actor National Short Film” at the Move Me Productions Belgium festival, 10th Edition.